Monday, April 20, 2009

Natchitoches, LA

We left NOLA at 7a.m. (we had to be out of the park by 7a.m. due to paving of their road). YUK!!! As our normal start time is around 10 a.m. Anyway, we arrived Natchitoches (Nat-i-chek). Nice town - LA State University North Campus is here.

I still sell BeautiControl Cosmetics and have acquired a few orders so thought I would put them together and mail from here. Well I arrive at the local "Mailbox, Etc." with packages in hand and asked how would I like them to go. I stated regular post so she weights my packages (3) and tells me my bill is $8.36 "I said for all three" and she says "$8.36" with no other explanation, so I handed her my CC and wala my packages are in her hand - well I sent two to Carson City and one to Las Vegas. After we walked out Tom stated "are they going by slow boat to China" I laughed and said I just could not get any more information out of her so I paid for them. I called my sister Bobbie and said OK your package is in the mail TODAY please let me know how many days it takes to get to you. I really wanted them to go Priority Mail but we will see how long it takes. You have to laugh - she was a cute southern university student with very limited clothing on and a guy came in to mail a package and she made him so nervous that he was dropping things, knocking packages over - Oh well to be young again!!??

We venture back to the RV park walked the cats, just finished a crab salad and settle in to watch a little TV.

We head for Dallas, TX tomorrow. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment